I made a quick and dirty hack if you have Firefox or Chrome
You'll need the Stylish addon:
Then go here: http://userstyles.org/styles/58333/lj-
Minimal Thought. Minimal testing. It works for me. Let me know how you get on!
With some great suggestions from disprove, and woodface, I can now bring you an updated version with:
- It now flattens the blue comment headers, without problems with collapsed comments
- I use black for comment dates, rather than blue on blue
- Slightly widened margins for posts and comments
- Keeps the mystery show on hover buttons visible at all times.
- ...and now correctly shows the "check" box on collapsed posts too
- Kills the annoying big dark blue border around the add comment button.
- Font sizes are adjusted. Let me know if my font size change is worse for you - some seem to be getting different font sizes from this LJ "update", so I can't be sure what's best.
There's a few spots that are still white background (mostly oddities when someone has introduced strangeness via the rich text editor), but probably not worth the time chasing.
soph has a fix with which you can get the preview button back in comments (but needs another browser addon).
I'd like it darker / I don't need the grey background
Ok, I updated the install at the site - you can choose what background colour you want - Default or White are best, but I added a slightly darker grey in case you want to drop contrast a little more!
Why are they doing this to us?
No clue, but in case you're not aware, this is the first change of what looks like it's going to be a comprehensive redesign of the whole site: http://manonon.livejournal.com/6816.html (In Cyrillic, but you'll get the visual effects coming your way) A partly live demo in Russian is at: http://livejournal.design.ru/main-page/ the top bar menu links seem to be mostly live.
Feel free to repost or link this.
Meanwhile, even though I've not been there very long at all, I have to say I'm finding the whole attitude over at Dreamwidth very refreshing. No invite code needed until Dec 31 if you want a backup plan or exit strategy.